Web design & development, social media promotions, PPC campaigns
Did you know that the number of websites has doubled in the last three years? It's not a surprise, considering the fact that not only businesses, but also individuals need websites for various purposes. But for most companies, a website is a key asset, because it helps them generate leads and turn visitors into customers. It's their best sales rep, and it's working for them 24 hours a day, without getting tired and without asking for a raise ;)
At Blue Dog Web Services, we understand that you run a small business. This means that you don't have huge web development budgets. And that is okay! But how can you make sure that the chosen web design company will strive to do a good job, even if your budget is limited? Here are the most important questions that you should ask the developers before deciding to work with them (or not).
1. Do you create websites from scratch, or do you use existing templates? If you want to have a unique website, it's important to work with a company that is able to build it for you. This is an expensive option, though, so if you want to save money, you should ask the designers to work with an existing template, and then customize it according to your needs. It is crucial to see the price difference before choosing one of the options, of course. Sometimes you may be able to get a 100% custom design for the price that other agencies are asking to adapt an existing template.
2. What CMS are you using? Web developers will usually focus their efforts on a single content management system (CMS). Often, they will use WordPress or Joomla, which are flexible enough for most people's needs. You should always avoid working with a company that uses an obscure CMS, because later on you may have a hard time trying to patch various vulnerabilities or find an essential plug-in.
3. Will you ever build a similar website for one of my competitors? It's not nice, but some agencies specialize in a certain niche. This means that they'll build a couple of templates, and then they will contact hundreds of companies that are working in that specific industry. As a result, you may end up having a website that's virtually identical with your competitors' websites. So, make sure that your web designer guarantees the uniqueness of your website - and get that in writing!
4. How much input will I have? Most agencies will ask lots of questions during the initial consultation, and then they'll start working. However, you may not like the initial design. So, to make sure that everything goes smoothly, you should get involved in the early stages of the design. The contract should also include an agreed upon number of revisions; we offer unlimited revisions, thus making sure that our customers are happy with what they're getting.
5. Will my website be mobile-ready/responsive? It is crucial to have a website that is compatible with most tablets and smart phones. Clients may be searching for your business using their cell phones, and you want to make sure that they're able to reach you.
© Blue Dog Web Services.
Web design and development
Note: For more information regarding our services, call Charles Brand at 702-622-1215 or send him an email: charles dot brand at bluedogwebservices dot com